Kellogg Community College’s Branch County Community Chorus will present its annual Spring Cabaret Concert beginning at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 4, at the Tibbits Opera House, 14 S. Hanchett St., Coldwater.
The concert, subtitled “An American Celebration,” will consist of several solo, duet and small group performances, as well as full-choir performances of repertoire that will include:
- “God Bless America,” by Irving Berlin/Eilers Bacak
- “Celebrate with Music,” by Greg Gilpin
- “America,” arranged by Mary McDonald
- “This We Know,” by Ron Jeffers
- “I Will Arise,” by Kenneth Dake
- “Michigan Morn,” by H. Owen Reed
- “Oh Mary, Don’t You Weep, Don’t You Mourn,” arranged by Moses Hogan
- Additional special musical acts and a poetry reading
Dr. Gerald Blanchard, professor of vocal music at KCC and director of the chorus, said the event will offer something for everyone.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to highlight the individual talents of our members,” Blanchard said. “This portion of the program is always packed with surprises and much laughter.”
During the concert, a dessert reception will offer audience members the chance to snack on delicious desserts and fresh fruit. The event will be free and open to the public, with a goodwill offering taken to support the KCC choir summer concert tour of Italy in 2014.
For more information about the concert or other KCC choir events, visit www.kellogg.edu/performart or call 269-965-3931 ext. 2566.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.