Kellogg Community College’s first-ever Community College Week continues today with the Volunteer and Civic Engagement Fair, running from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Kellogg Room of the Student Center on the College’s North Avenue campus.
The purpose of the fair is to connect KCC students and the public with volunteer opportunities across the communities served by the College. As many KCC students pursuing an associate degree at the College are required to have a service-learning endorsement on their transcripts, the fair is a convenient way for them to connect with an organization to find opportunities to fulfill their service-learning requirement.
Additionally, individuals who attend the fair can participate in the following:
- Individuals who visit at least one table of a nonprofit organization can fill out a giveaway card to enter a drawing for one of three $20 gift cards to the Bruin Bookstore, along with other prizes.
- Everyone who attends the fair will get a ticket for free ice cream from Cool Mama’s, which will have an ice cream truck stationed at the Bruin Bookstore from noon to 1 p.m. today.
Organizations participating in today’s event include:
- Battle Creek Bombers
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Binder Park Zoo
- Boy Scouts of America
- Branch County Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Calhoun County Medical Care Facility
- Calhoun ISD Adult Training Program
- Charitable Union
- First Tee of Battle Creek
- Food Bank of South Central Michigan
- Grace Hospice
- HandsOn Battle Creek
- Haven of Rest Ministries
- Heartland Hospice
- Heritage Battle Creek Historical Society
- Kingman Museum
- Marian E. Burch Adult Day Care Center
- Military Family FIRST
- New Level Sports Ministries
- Operation Christmas Child
- Senior Services Southwest Michigan
- Southern Care Hospice
- Substance Abuse Council
See you there!