Kellogg Community College has designated November as Veterans Month at KCC and will recognize the service of U.S. military veterans with several events throughout the month.
Veterans Month events that are free and open to the public include a public lecture from U.S. Army veteran and New York Times bestselling author Luis Carlos Montalván on Nov. 25. A full schedule of public events and activities follows.
All events listed will be located on the College’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek.
- Veterans Art Exhibit, Nov. 3 through 26 in the Morris Learning Resource Center. Regular hours for the LRC are 7:45 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays.
- Transfer Fair with military recruiters, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 3 in the Kellogg Room.
- Veterans Art Exhibit opening reception, 4 to 5 p.m. Nov. 6 in the LRC Spring Lake Room.
- Veterans Day Ceremony, noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 11 in the Student Center.
- Make a Difference – Intern with the Government, a job fair event from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 17 in the Kellogg Room.
- Military appreciation letter writing, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 18 in the Student Center.
- Fitness Challenge, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 20 in the Kellogg Room.
- Luis Carlos Montalván lecture with service dog Tuesday, 2:30 to 4 p.m. Nov. 25 in the newly renovated Binda Performing Arts Center.
In addition to the events and activities listed above, several meet and greet events for veterans will be held at the College’s regional centers throughout the month, along with special veterans study tables and a luncheon for veterans on Nov. 24, sponsored by AMBUCS.
For more information, contact Holly McKee, director of Support Services at KCC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-965-4150 or visit www.kellogg.edu/veterans.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.