Kellogg Community College’s spring musical “The Pirates of Penzance” continues this weekend with 7:30 p.m. performances on Friday, March 27, and Saturday, March 28, and a 3 p.m. show on Sunday, March 29.
Tickets for each show — held at the Binda Performing Arts Center on campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek — are $5 for KCC students, staff and seniors and $10 for the general public.
The KCC production has gotten a lot of attention in the media recently, with a cover feature in the Battle Creek Shopper News, a preview in the Battle Creek Enquirer and a positive review in the latter saying the show “overruns with fun” and is “full of comedy, music and movement, and a good fit for this beautiful theater.”
Additionally, KCC theatre coordinator and professor Brad Poer, who is directing the show, spoke with WBCK for an on-air radio interview about the production earlier this week, which is available for listening online on the WBCK and the Mix 104.9 websites.
KCC has also covered “Pirates” extensively on its own social media platforms, including:
- A “Pirates of Penzance” cast photos photo gallery on Facebook
- A “The Pirates of Penzance” Act I photo gallery on Facebook
- A “The Pirates of Penzance” Act II photo gallery on Facebook
- A Singing “Pirates” in the Student Center photo gallery on Facebook
- Several “Pirates of Penzance” photo posts to KCC’s Instagram feed
- Posts including photos, links and news about the show to KCC’s Twitter feed
- High-resolution images of several cast members posted for download for use by bloggers and the media in the KCC Theatre presents “The Pirates of Penzance” album on KCC’s Flickr page
For more information about KCC’s production of “The Pirates of Penzance” or to inquire about reservations for a specific showing, call 269-965-4154.