Seven Kellogg Community College baseball players and KCC’s head baseball coach have received post-season baseball awards from the Michigan Community College Athletic Association.
KCC’s Bruins made their mark this season as conference and regional champions after winning the MCCAA conference championship and the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II North Baseball Tournament last month. The team finished the season with a 23-3 conference record and a 39-16 record overall after going 2-2 in NJCAA Division II World Series play in Enid, Okla., in what was the team’s sixth national championship appearance since 1999.
Post-season MCCAA baseball award winners for the Bruins include:
- Travis Bolin, a sophomore infielder, of Watervliet, First Team All-MCCAA
- Tyler Bradner, a sophomore pitcher/utility player, of Howell, First Team All-MCCAA, MCCAA Player of the Year
- Tate Brawley, a freshman pitcher, of Niles, Second Team All-MCCAA, All-Freshman Team
- Alex Goodwin, a sophomore catcher/outfielder, of Midland, Second Team All-MCCAA
- Seth Johnson, a freshman outfielder, of Gobles, First Team All-MCCAA, All-Freshman Team
- Kyle Mallwitz, a sophomore pitcher, of Galesburg, Second Team All-MCCAA
- Garrett Soule, a sophomore infielder/outfielder, of Dansville, Honorable Mention All-MCCAA
In addition to the KCC student-athlete awards noted above, KCC’s head baseball coach, Eric Laskovy, was named MCCAA Coach of the Year.
For more information about KCC baseball, visit www.kellogg.edu/baseball or contact Coach Laskovy at 269-965-3931 ext. 2536 or email@example.com.
High-resolution team and individual photos of the KCC baseball team are available for download for use by fans and the media from the 2015 KCC Baseball album on KCC’s Flickr page.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.