Youth volleyball players will get a chance to learn from some of the area’s best college volleyball players during Kellogg Community College’s Summer Volleyball Camps in July.
KCC’s women’s volleyball team and head volleyball coach Tom VanWienen will lead two Summer Volleyball Camps for youth next month, including a camp for third through sixth graders July 27 through 29 and a camp for seventh through 11th graders July 29 through 31.
Camps will focus on helping players develop the most important basic volleyball skills – blocking, hitting, passing, setting and serving – and will be held at KCC’s Miller Physical Education Building on the College’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek.
The fee for each camp is $59, which is due with camp registration and includes a camp T-shirt and a water bottle. Campers should bring their own lunches on longer camp days.
Camp schedules are as follows:
Third through sixth grade volleyball camp
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, July 27, and Tuesday, July 28
- 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, July 29
Seventh through 11th grade volleyball camp
- 2 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 29
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, July 30, and Friday, July 31
Registration for KCC’s Summer Volleyball Camps is coordinated by the College’s Lifelong Learning Department and is open now. Registration is available:
- By mail by completing the registration forms online at www.kellogg.edu/sportscamps and sending the forms with payment to Lifelong Learning, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, MI. 49017.
- By phone using a debit or credit card for payment by calling the Lifelong Learning office at 269-965-4134.
- By fax by completing the registration forms online at www.kellogg.edu/sportscamps and faxing the registration forms and payment information to 269-565-2129.
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 102 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek.
For more information about the volleyball program at KCC, contact head volleyball coach Tom VanWienen at 269-965-3931 ext. 2535 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.kellogg.edu/volleyball.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.