Kellogg Community College’s 2015 women’s volleyball season begins this month and includes eight home matches.
The season opens the weekend of Aug. 28-29 with a tournament at Owens Community College in Toledo; the Bruins’ first home match will be held on Thursday, Sept. 10.
Home matches, which are free and open to the public at KCC’s Miller Gym on campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, are scheduled as follows:
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10, vs. Lake Michigan College
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 15, vs. Muskegon Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17, vs. Mott Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, vs. Ancilla College
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 6, vs. Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8, vs. Jackson College
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 20, vs. Lansing Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29, vs. Grand Rapids Community College
The team’s regular season will conclude with an away game against KVCC in Kalamazoo on Nov. 3; the postseason National Junior College Athletic Association’s Region XII District Tournament will be held Nov. 6-8 in Muskegon, with the NJCAA’s National Championships held Nov. 19-2.
This year’s team will be led by new Head Coach Tom VanWienen, who will kick off his opening season on the court with an 11-person squad including four returning sophomores and seven new faces. Women’s volleyball players hailing from local schools include:
- Freshman Alyssa Boyd, of Homer/Homer High School
- Returning sophomore Grace Crawford, of Marshall/Marshall High School
- Returning sophomore Hannah Day, of Battle Creek/Pennfield High School
- Freshman Baylee Hayes, of Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School
- Returning sophomore Hannah Lenz, of Battle Creek/Pennfield High School
- Freshman Mackenzie Leson, of Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School
- Returning sophomore Jessica Martinovich, of Battle Creek/Lakeview High School
- Sophomore Ashley Morris, of Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School
- Freshman Aubrey Ritter, of Battle Creek/Pennfield High School
In addition to Coach VanWienen, the Bruins this year will be backed by returning Assistant Coach Brad Myers, Assistant Coach Chelsea Greene and Team Manager Megan Milbrandt.
For more information about KCC’s women’s volleyball team, contact Head Coach Tom VanWienen at 269-965-3931 ext. 2535 (office), 269-317-4259 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information — including a full team roster, season schedule and statistics — is also available online at www.kellogg.edu/volleyball.
High-resolution team and individual photos of the members of KCC’s 2015 women’s volleyball team may be downloaded for use by fans and the media from KCC’s Flickr page at www.flickr.com/photos/kelloggcommunitycollege/albums/72157657152637419.
Sign up to receive KCC Athletics results by email following each match by visiting www.kellogg.edu/volleyball and filling out the “Get KCC Athletics Results by Email” form with your name and email address!
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.