Kellogg Community College’s Lifelong Learning Department invites the public to learn more about the College’s brand new Nonprofit Education & Training Institute (NETI) during an open house next month on campus.
The NETI Open House, which is free, will run from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 1, in the lobby of the College’s Binda Performing Arts Center, on campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek. The event will include free mocktails and appetizers and a presentation about the new initiative at approximately 5 p.m.
NETI is a membership-based organizational initiative offered through KCC’s Lifelong Learning program. The organization is designed to offer those in the nonprofit sector opportunities for training, peer networking, conferences and luncheons designed around the state of the industry, providing news, information and resources relevant to funders and nonprofits.
Classes offered through NETI this fall – for members and non-members alike – include:
- “Windows 10 Overview: What’s New, What’s Different?” from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2
- “Holiday Special Event Marketing” from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 9
- “Intro to Excel” from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16
- “Basic Grant Writing” from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16
- “Increase Your Nonprofit’s Funding with Earned Revenue” from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 6
- “Create a Free Website or Blog with Weebly” from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Fridays, Dec. 4 and 11
- “The Three R’s of Volunteer Engagement: Recruitment, Recognition, and Retention” from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4
- “Nonprofit Marketing: The Digital Blueprint” from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 11
In addition to offering a variety of classes on KCC’s North Avenue campus, NETI offers online classes; facilitated, informal Nonprofit Peer Learning Circles; and one-on-one computer classes.
For more information about NETI, NETI membership, upcoming nonprofit training opportunities, or to sign up for the organization’s e-newsletter, visit www.kellogg.edu/neti.
Attendees at the NETI Open House will have the opportunity to sign up for individual memberships in the organization, which are $20 per year and include discounts on the cost of NETI trainings and events.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.