Parents of area high school students are invited to Kellogg Community College this month for an event to learn more about planning for the next steps on their students’ career paths.
KCC’s College Exploration Night, which is free and open to the public, will be held from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday, June 23, in the lobby of the Binda Performing Arts Center, on campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek. Attendees will have an opportunity to meet KCC President Mark O’Connell – who will speak at 5 p.m. – and to visit with representatives from:
- The Calhoun Area Career Center
- KCC’s Admissions, Advising, Career and Employment Services, Financial Aid and Support Services offices
- The KCC Foundation
- KCC’s Allied Health, Business, Criminal Justice, Emergency Medical Services, Nursing and Office Information Technology programs and other academic departments
- KCC’s Regional Manufacturing Technology Center
- The Legacy Scholars scholarship program
- Michigan Works!
Additionally, attendees will be eligible to win door prizes including:
- A 3-credit class at KCC
- An Amazon Echo
- A $200 Visa gift card
- One of three $50 Visa gift cards
- KCC memorabilia
The event will also serve as the capstone of KCC’s Career Exploration Experience careers camp for high school students, which runs June 20 through 23 at the College.
For more information about College Exploration Night or the Career Exploration Experience camp, contact KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.