The Center for Diversity and Innovation at Kellogg Community College is hosting a months-long series of workshops for executive leadership officers in Battle Creek beginning in October.
The workshop series, titled “Leading for Transformation: Creating Equitable Systems,” consists of 10 three-hour instructional sessions and five individual coaching sessions that will help participants develop and deepen the skills and knowledge necessary for leading organizations with a lens focused on equitable practices.
Each session will run from 1 to 4 p.m. every other Wednesday beginning Oct. 12 and ending March 8 in the Kellogg Room of the Student Center on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek. Training dates and topics include:
- Oct. 12: Introduction and Developing and Equity Stand/Values
- Oct. 26: Understanding Systems
- Nov. 9: Organizational Development
- Nov. 30: Definition and Deeper Understanding of Equity
- Dec. 14: Equity as an Institutional Practice
- Jan. 11, 2017: Understanding Leadership as an Equity Practice
- Jan. 25, 2017: Equity as a Personal Journey
- Feb. 8, 2017: Action Plan
- Feb. 22, 2017: Action Plan
- March 8, 2017: Revisit Equity Stand, Acknowledgement and Celebration
Workshop learning objectives include:
- Building knowledge, skills and capacities to lead through an equity lens
- Establishing a network of equity practitioners
- Understanding how equity is impacted by policies, practices and culture
- Receiving support to apply equity practices
Jorge Zeballos, executive director of the KCC CDI, said such objectives are important for senior leadership at any organization to consider and understand.
“Institutional practices contribute to the presence of racial inequities,” Zeballos said. “We need to invest in building the capacity of senior leaders to know how to run organizations through an equity lens.”
To register for the KCC CDI’s “Leading for Transformation: Creating Equitable Systems” workshops, visit http://bit.ly/2bdTOB8. The general registration fee is $1,200; a special group rate of $1,000 is available for participants who register as part of a group of three or more from the same organization.
For more information, contact Timeaka Reese, executive assistant at the KCC CDI, at 269-565-7946 or email@example.com.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.