Kellogg Community College is accepting applications now for the position of Trainer, KCC Center for Diversity and Innovation.
View the job listing or apply now online at https://jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/416.
This position will design and facilitate training programs for the KCC Center for Diversity and Innovation. The KCC CDI, operating under the auspices of the College’s Student and Community Services division, is funded by a one-year grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation of Battle Creek. This major initiative will promote racial equity and the removal of systemic barriers in the Battle Creek area by creating an infrastructure to foster the capacity of community members to change local conditions and mindsets.
This regular, full-time, grant-funded administrative position will work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, with evening and weekend hours as needed by the CDI. Programming for the CDI involves weekend and evening events where this position will be required to be present.
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes of Lansing and Grand Rapids and within three hours of Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent.
- Minimum of two to three (2-3) years of related work experience relating to racial equity or similar topics.
- Experience with facilitation of small and large group learning and design of learning programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for systemic racism and its impact.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated skill at managing emotional and culturally-charged conversations effectively.
Preferred but not required:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Experience in racial and/or equity/diversity work.
At this time, this position is open to internal/external applicants. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than 9 a.m. EST Monday, April 10, 2017, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted — any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a skills test.
If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269-565-2074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Kellogg Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants with all manner of diverse backgrounds to apply.