KCC Stories: Lakeview grad Ty Dilling loves Battle Creek and mom’s cooking

Lakeview High School graduate and KCC criminal justice student Ty Dilling.

Ty Dilling, 18, is graduating next month from Lakeview High School and plans to begin studying criminal justice at Kellogg Community College in the fall of 2017.

Dilling is a lifelong Battle Creek resident and unabashedly loves his community.

“I’m a mama’s boy. I love my mom’s cooking and I love Battle Creek. Battle Creek is home and I’m staying here,” he said.

For Dilling, who attended Battle Creek Public Schools and Pennfield Schools before moving to Lakeview, pursuing a degree at KCC is a natural path. KCC is the hometown college in Battle Creek and has developed renowned programs in criminal justice, law enforcement, public safety and corrections as well as the highly regarded KCC Police Academy.

Dilling already has developed a passion for police work through his law enforcement classes at the Calhoun Area Career Center and by participating in the Battle Creek Police Department Police Explorer Program in the past.

Dilling, who eventually wants to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees, said he wants a career in law enforcement because he wants to give of himself for the benefit of others.

“I think that if I can help people, that’s what I want to do,” he said.

Criminal Justice at KCC

Interested in studying criminal justice? See options for studying criminal justice at KCC online www.kellogg.edu/criminal-justice.

What’s Your KCC Story?

What’s your KCC story? Share it on social media using the hashtag #KCCstory or send it to us via the online form linked from www.kellogg.edu/kccstories.