Kellogg Community College is accepting applications now for the position of Chief of Public Safety.
View the job listing or apply now online at http://jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/429.
This full-time, administrative position will provide strategic leadership, direction, management and execution of the public safety of Kellogg Community College.
This regular, full-time administrative position will work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, with evening and weekend hours as needed by the College.
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes of Lansing and Grand Rapids and within three hours of Detroit, Chicago, and Indianapolis.
- Associate degree or higher in law enforcement, criminal justice, or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Seven or more (7+) years of law enforcement experience
- MCOLES certified at time of application
- First responder certifications, including CPR and first aid
- Familiarity with fire prevention
- Knowledge of Michigan State Police (MSP) software, including LEIN, Livescan and Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR)
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in OSHA/MIOSHA compliance
- Knowledge of civil rights laws and Title IX investigations
- Familiar with College service area, especially Calhoun County
At this time, this position is open to internal/external applicants. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. EST Thursday, May 25, 2017, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted – any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a skills test.
If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269-565-2074 or email email@example.com. Kellogg Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants with all manner of diverse backgrounds to apply.