Kellogg Community College is accepting applications now for the position of Instructor, Dental Hygiene Program.
View the job listing or apply now online at https://jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/444.
This is a regular, full-time tenure-track faculty position. Assignment is a 166-day schedule of 14 to 16 contact hours per week. Work may require day and evening hours at various locations during the fall and spring semesters with an expectation of regular campus presence. Potential for summer hours also exists. This position will typically work at least two evenings a week during the fall and spring semesters.
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes of Grand Rapids and Lansing, and three hours of Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.
- Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Two years or more of work experience as a dental hygienist
- Current State of Michigan license in dental hygiene (RDH) at the time of application
- CPR certification in basic life support (BLS) from the American Heart Association or BLS for Health Care Providers from the American Red Cross
Preferred but not required:
- Community college or associate degree level teaching experience in dental hygiene or related subjects
- Experience in educational program leadership
- Experience with educational program accreditation
- Experience with budgetary planning and management
- Experience with instructional design theory and methods
- Experience with instructional technology
- Experience with Moodle or other Web-based teaching/learning platforms
- Engagement in professional/community service activities
- Documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignment
- Experience in clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of information and computer technology
At this time, this position is open to internal/external applicants. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than 9 a.m. EST Wednesday, June 21, 2017, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted – any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a skills test.
If you have questions regarding our online application process, please call 269-565-2074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Kellogg Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants with all manner of diverse backgrounds to apply.