Kellogg Community College seeks a dentist, currently licensed in the state of Michigan, to supervise Dental Hygiene students one day (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) per week for 16 weeks in our Dental Hygiene Clinic for the fall semester, with additional opportunities in the spring semester. Duties include:
- Review of medical history
- Evaluation of intra and extra oral exam
- Patient/physician consultation
- Diagnosis and/or referral of pathology
- Prescribing of radiographs
- Radiographic interpretation
- Evaluation of dental charting
- Local anesthesia administration and supervision
- Nitrous oxide administration and supervision
- Prescribe antibiotic pre-medications, antimicrobials and fluoride
- Emergency care director
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo, 60 minutes of Lansing and Grand Rapids and within three hours of Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis.
- Current license to practice dentistry in the State of Michigan
- Current CPR certification
If you are interested or have questions, please contact Bridget Korpela, faculty director of Dental Hygiene, at 269-660-2325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.