The Center for Diversity and Innovation at Kellogg Community College is looking to area photographers to help it showcase Battle Creek’s Latino and Latina community during National Hispanic Heritage Month in September.
The CDI’s 2017 Hispanic Heritage Month Photo Contest asks photographers who live, work, attending school or worship in Battle Creek to submit photos featuring Latino or Latina subjects living their lives in Battle Creek. The submission period for the contest is open now and runs through Wednesday, Aug. 16.
Full contest guidelines and prize information follow below.
Photo submissions may be emailed as digital files to CDI Program Manager Sara Johnson at email@example.com or dropped off as 8- by 10-inch print files at the offices of Voces, 520 W. Michigan Ave., Battle Creek, by Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017. Additionally:
- Participating photographers must live, work, attend school or worship in Battle Creek.
- Photo submissions must feature a Latino or Latina subject or subjects living their lives in Battle Creek – working, having fun, studying, eating, worshipping, etc.
- Photo submissions must include the location where the photo was taken; the names of any subjects included in the photo; signed photo releases from any subjects included in the photo; and a title and short description.
- Photo submissions should be submitted at the highest resolution possible.
The top photos will be chosen by public vote during a Hispanic Heritage Month Kickoff Event on Sept. 16, and the top 10 will be displayed in the offices of the Battle Creek Community Foundation from Sept. 16 through Oct. 15. Additionally, the photographers who submitted the top three photos will receive the following prizes:
- First place: $150 Visa gift card
- Second place: $100 Visa gift card
- Third place: $50 Visa gift card
For more information, contact CDI Program Manager Sara Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.