Bruin Boo! is a family-friendly free event for kids of all ages that will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek.
During the event, KCC students and employees alike will be dressed to impress in their Halloween best to hand out candy to community trick-or-treaters at more than two dozen stations in the halls at KCC. In addition to trick-or-treating, Bruin Boo! activities will include:
- Halloween games and activities led by KCC’s Early Childhood Education students
- Tours of the ambulance used to train KCC’s Emergency Medical Services students
- The opportunity to have custom jack-o’-lanterns carved onsite by students in KCC’s Tech Club
- Halloween-themed coloring pages designed by KCC’s Graphic Design students
- Appearances from KCC mascot Blaze and Post’s Sugar Bear
- The opportunity to get autographs from student-athletes from all of KCC’s athletics teams
- Face painting
- A photo booth provided by BC Vision
- Healthy snacks provided by Bronson Battle Creek
- Activities to get kids moving provided by Operation Fit
- And much more!
The inaugural Bruin Boo! event, held last fall, was awarded the first-place Gold Medallion Award in the Communications Success Story or Community Relations Campaign category of the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations’ annual Medallion Awards competition earlier this month.
Find our Bruin Boo! event on Facebook for regular updates about Bruin Boo! activities and information about parking, layout and more.
PLEASE THANK OUR EVENT SPONSORS!
In addition to KCC, sponsors for Bruin Boo! this year include:
Bruin Boo Partners
- BC Vision
- Bronson Battle Creek
- The Kellogg Community College Foundation
- Operation Fit
- AAA Capital Ave
- Continental Pastries & Deli
- UAW Local #1294
- Willard Library
- Battle Creek Family YMCA
- The Rink Battle Creek
For more information about Bruin Boo! activities at KCC, contact KCC’s Bruin Youth Programming office at 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.