Kellogg Community College’s Board of Trustees has designated the month of November as Military Veterans Month at KCC, and the College will recognize the service of U.S. military veterans with several events and activities throughout the month.
Veterans Month events and activities – all of which will be located on the College’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, unless otherwise noted – include:
- The Veterans Month Creative Works Exhibit, featuring art and other creative works created by veterans from Nov. 1 through 30 in the Morris Learning Resource Center. Regular hours for the LRC are 7:45 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays; 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
- A Lest We Forget Scholarship Fund collection for veteran students from Nov. 1 through 30, with donation envelopes available at the Support Services office. More information about the scholarship is available by contacting the KCC Foundation at 269-965-4161.
- A Silver Star Food Donations collection, which involves KCC’s 1st Battalion Support Division Silver Star Committee collecting food donations to stock the food pantry shelves at the Silver Star Apartments for homeless veterans at Fort Custer. Donations will be accepted in the Support Services offices from Nov. 1 through 30.
- A Veterans Benefit Display will be located in the walkway near the Public Safety desk Nov. 1 through 30.
- A POW/MIA Table located on the raised platform in the student center during the week of Nov. 6. The tradition of setting a separate table in honor of prisoners of war and missing soldiers helps us remember those lost in military conflict.
- A Veterans Day ceremony will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 9 in the Student Center, during which veterans will receive a free lunch at the Bruin Bistro. Lunch tickets will be available Nov. 9 in Support Services. Air National Guard Col. Jeffery R. Alexander will be speaking, and Aaron Edlefson, director of Calhoun County Veterans’ Affairs, will be master of ceremonies.
For more information, contact Holly McKee, director of Support Services at KCC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-965-4150.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.