Kellogg Community College is seeking sculptures to install and display at various locations on the College’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek.
Selected artists will be awarded a $750 stipend for general project expenses, funded by the KCC Foundation’s Art on Campus Initiative. Selected sculptures will be on display for public viewing on campus for 24 months, with the possibility open for extended installation or purchase.
Submission guidelines follow. Artists or groups of artists interested in submitting materials for consideration must send supporting materials by the April 20 application deadline to:
Art Exhibits Director
Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center
Kellogg Community College
Selected sculptors will be notified by early May, and installation of selected sculptures will take place between June and July 2018.
For more information, contact Art Exhibits Director Ryan Flathau at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 269-565-7880.
Submission Requirements and Selection Process
- Each artist may submit up to five sculpture entries via digital photographs or detailed concept sketches. Each sculpture may be represented by two different angle or perspective images.
- Each submission should include artist’s name, contact information, sculpture title, dimensions and media.
- Sculptures must be weatherproof and designed to withstand outdoor conditions for at least two years.
- The artists are responsible for the transportation and installation of selected sculptures. Staff from KCC’s Institutional Facilities Department will be available to work with the artists on installation.
- If applicable, any special installation requirements must be described in detail.
- Sculptures may be offered for sale during exhibition. Artists are responsible for the handling of sales, and no commission will be charged.
- Artists are responsible for the removal of all unsold artworks by a prearranged date following exhibition. Art not removed in a timely fashion will be subject to storage or disposal fees.
- KCC will provide insurance to cover the artwork while exhibited on campus.
- The KCC Art on Campus committee will review and select entries. All work must have strong visual appeal and complement or highlight the locations to be installed.
- KCC will provide publicity for each installed work of art. Entry into the exhibition includes permission for KCC to photographically reproduce any of the installed sculptures for publicity and educational purposes.
KCC’s campus features several courtyard locations appropriate for smaller-scale freestanding or pedestal pieces, and several 6-foot round concrete pads have been poured to accommodate larger sculptures. There may be additional locations which could accommodate larger sculptures without pads depending on installation and anchoring requirements. Photographs of poured concrete locations will be provided upon request.
About the Art on Campus Initiative
The mission of the Kellogg Community College Foundation’s Art on Campus Initiative is to provide art experiences on KCC campuses for students, faculty, staff and the community. The Art on Campus Initiative curates KCC’s permanent art collection, administers the College’s DeVries Lecture Series focused on the arts, and has funded the installation of several sculptures on campus since 2012. For more information, visit www.kellogg.edu/art-on-campus.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.