Five sophomore Kellogg Community College softball players have been honored with postseason athletic awards from the Michigan Community College Athletic Association.
KCC’s MCCAA Western Conference Softball Award winners include:
- Sophomore catcher Kailyn Ebeling (Decatur/Decatur High School), Honorable Mention All-Conference
- Sophomore pitcher Kylie Masko (Grand Haven/Grand Haven High School), Second Team All-Conference
- Sophomore outfielder Jessica Roan (Battle Creek/Pennfield High School), Honorable Mention All-Conference
- Sophomore infielder Tyler Snyder (Portage/Portage Central High School), Second Team All-Conference
- Sophomore pitcher Alexa Stephenson (Battle Creek/Pennfield High School), Second Team All-Conference
KCC’s softball team finished the spring 2018 season last week in postseason play. The Bruins finished with a winning 17-11 conference record and an 18-20 record overall.
It was the final season for Bruins softball, which will be discontinued after this season as part of an athletics restructuring at KCC announced last summer that will see the addition of men’s and women’s cross-country teams in 2018-19, a women’s soccer team in 2019-20 and men’s and women’s bowling teams in 2020-21. This summer will see the completion of the College’s new Miller Physical Education Building, which houses KCC’s athletics and physical education programming.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.