Kellogg Community College is accepting applications for the College’s nationally accredited Paramedic Certificate Program through Aug. 1.
KCC’s Paramedic Program – a certificate program with the option to further pursue an Associate of Applied Science degree in Emergency Medical Services – requires 44 credit hours (four semesters) of coursework. Prerequisites include a Basic Emergency Medical Technician license and current Basic Life Support CPR certification and completion of one full year of high school biology with a C or higher or completion of KCC’s BIOL 99 with a C or higher.
KCC’s Paramedic Program builds on the EMS professional’s Basic EMT license to substantially advance the care that can be provided by an EMS professional. Upon successfully completing the required coursework, students will be certified as paramedics, completing the first step toward Michigan licensure and/or national certification.
This level provides in-depth education in cardiology, pharmacology, pediatrics, obstetrics, advanced practice, leadership and more. Skills mastered by Paramedic Program graduates include advanced assessment, defibrillation, pacing, starting IVs, medication administration, chest decompression, emergency cricoidthyrotomy, intubation, EKG interpretation (including 12+ leads) and more.
The requirements for admission to KCC’s Paramedic Program include:
- Application and acceptance to KCC
- Completion of one full year of high school biology with a C or higher or completion of KCC’s BIOL 99 with a C or higher
- Current Basic EMT license and current Basic Life Support CPR certification by completion of the first semester
- Application to KCC’s Paramedic Program
- Next-Gen ACCUPLACER placement testing and minimum proficiency scores of 250 in writing, 244 in reading and 250 in quantitative reasoning
- Admission meeting with the EMS Program director or a designee
Applications for the program are available in the KCC EMS offices located on the second floor the College’s Lane-Thomas Building, on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek.
For more information about KCC’s Paramedic Program and other EMS offerings at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/emergency. To schedule an interview with an EMS representative at KCC, contact EMS secretary Jackie Braman at 269-965-3931 ext. 2650 or at email@example.com.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.