Kellogg Community College is hosting two Study Strategies for Success camps designed to help students improve their study habits.
KCC’s Study Strategies for Success camps will run in two sessions, with separate camps for student ages 11 through 14 and student ages 14 through 19. The camps will be held in room 109 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek.
Camp schedules are as follows (click through the appropriate link to register online):
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, July 31 through Aug. 1
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 6 and 7
Participants will complete a variety of assessments that will help them learn to manage their own learning and understand their strengths, personal learning strategies and personality type. Each camp session will include tips and instruction on topics including:
- Time management and organization
- Reading with purpose
- Annotating textbooks and note taking
- Active listening tools
- Personal management tools
- Test-taking strategies and anxiety reduction
- College resources
Workshop participants should bring their own lunch each day of the camp.
Registration forms are available online at www.kellogg.edu/youth. Registration can also be completed:
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 305 of the Lane Thomas Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
Space in each camp session is limited and granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bruin Youth Programming
KCC’s Study Success Strategies camps are part of Kellogg Community College’s Bruin Youth Programming, an initiative of the College’s Lifelong Learning Department that is focused on connecting area youth with experiences related to athletics, education and careers. Bruin Youth Programming expands the College’s traditional offerings of sports camps and Bruin Bots robotics initiatives held throughout the year on campuses in Battle Creek, serving kids from first grade through high school. For more information, including dates and descriptions of upcoming camps and other activities, visit www.kellogg.edu/youth.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.