The first classes of Kellogg Community College’s Fall 2018 semester begin this Thursday, Aug. 30.
KCC is offering thousands of sections of hundreds of classes this fall on campuses in Battle Creek, Albion, Coldwater, Hastings and online. While the semester officially starts this week, many classes don’t start until well into September, and registration will continue for classes with later start dates as space in each class allows.
New offerings at KCC this semester include:
- Physical education classes offered in KCC’s brand-new Miller Physical Education Building, which opened to the public earlier this month. Classes include weight training classes offered in the building’s new Fitness Center and Cadio Tone and Yoga Pilates Fusion classes offered in the building’s new yoga studio.
- Four new Allied Health programs, including Computed Tomography, Medical Assistant, Neurodiagnostic Techologist and Surgical Technology programs.
- New intermediate and advanced English Language Learning classes designed to assist English as a second language students in enhancing their English speaking, reading and writing skills.
- A new institutional articulation agreement with Western Michigan University creating a smoother transfer process for KCC graduates who transfer to WMU. The agreement outlines how credits earned at one school will transfer to another for nearly two dozen programs and will help students save time and money by minimizing loss of credits and duplication of coursework.
- A new RN-to-BSN nursing education partnership with Olivet College allowing smoother transfer to and from Olivet’s new Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, which allows students to take Olivet classes on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek.
- New men’s and women’s cross-country teams, which open their season Friday, Aug. 31, with the Comet Open at Broadway Acres Golf Course in Charlotte.
Students arriving at KCC’s North Avenue campus this fall will also notice the addition of 10 new outdoor sculptures installed this summer, courtesy of KCC’s Art on Campus Initiative.
Student registration information, including links to registration instructions, policies, tuition and fees and other information, is available online at www.kellogg.edu/registration. Specific courses offered at KCC during the fall semester can be viewed by visiting www.kellogg.edu, clicking on “Class Schedules” at the top of the page and filtering results by semester.
In addition to being able to register online, students can also register and pay for classes via KCC’s Kellogg CC mobile app, available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Students new to KCC must fill out an application and verify residency before signing up for classes. Admissions applications can be completed online at www.kellogg.edu/step1.
Those who wish to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering are encouraged to schedule an appointment by calling 269-965-4124 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.