Current and prospective Kellogg Community College students can enter a drawing for a chance to win three free credit hours at KCC’s Holiday Enrollment Event this month on campus.
The free event will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek. Services offered include:
- Admissions representatives will be available in the Admissions area to assist with the admissions process and answer questions
- Academic Advising will be fully staffed to assist students with advising
- Required placement assessment testing will be available in the Testing and Assessment Center
- Financial Aid representatives will be available in the Hub to assists students with their paperwork, including completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Representatives from the Career and Employment Services office will be available to help students with issues related to employment
- Service-Learning Manager Kate DeGraaf will be available to discuss student service opportunities including Bruins Give Back
Additionally, free cookies and hot cocoa will be available in the Student Life office, where they’ll also be showing a holiday movie.
KCC Registrar Colleen Wright said the goal of the event is to help students get ready for the start of the spring semester Jan. 11.
“Often when we return in January, students are scrambling to get ready. We’re here to get them started so that they’re prepared when the semester begins,” Wright said. “When they wait, they often don’t get the schedule they want. Many are balancing home and work obligations, and we want them to know that we are here to help them understand the steps to begin college and how to put together a schedule that fits their lifestyle.”
For the free-credit-hours drawing, Wright said there will be entry slips available in each department. The drawing will be held Dec. 14.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.