Kellogg Community College last month released its latest schedule of Bruin Youth Programming summer camps for youth ages 8 through 18.
The new schedule includes nearly 40 camps, two dozen of which are brand new this year. Camp themes include the College’s regular career, study strategies and sports camps; S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) camps; robotics camps; skills camps focused on topics like sign language, baby-sitting and financial literacy; and a new “So You Want to Be A…” camp series exploring a wide variety of interesting and unique professions.
A full list of camps by category follows below.
- American Sign Language (ASL) for Kids
- Safe Sitter Essentials: Skills for Baby-Sitting and Staying Home Alone
- CPR and First Aid
- Dollar Wise: Financial Literacy for Teens
So You Want to Be A… Camps
- So You Want to Be A… School Teacher
- So You Want to Be A… Photographer
- So You Want to Be A… Writer
- So You Want to Be A… Social Media Star: Instagram and YouTube
- So You Want to Be A… Animal Keeper
- So You Want to Be A… Wilderness Guide
- So You Want to Be A… Chiropractor
- So You Want to Be A… Crime Scene Investigator
- So You Want to Be A… Scientist
- So You Want to Be A… Cake Decorator
- So You Want to Be A… Chef
- Battle Royale: Make Your First Fortnite Style Video Game
- Minecraft Modders
- App Attack!
- Make Your First Video Game!
- Roblox Makers
- Girl Gamers!
- Code Your Own Adventure! Interactive Storytelling
Camps for Ages 14-18
- Career Exploration Experience
Study Strategies for Success Camps
(held in conjunction with KCC’s Athletics Department and led by KCC coaches and student-athletes)
- Girls Basketball Camp
- Boys Basketball Camp
- Girls Soccer Camp
- Boys Soccer Camp
- Volleyball Camp
- Cross-Country Camp
- Baseball Camp
Registration can be completed online through the camp links above or at www.kellogg.edu/youth. Additionally, prospective campers can get 10 percent off the cost of camps registered for during a Bruin Youth Programming Registration Open House from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at the College’s new Miller Physical Education Building. Registrants at the open house will also be entered into drawings for a chance to win a Nintendo Switch, Apple AirPods, a selfie camera and a shower speaker.
For more information, including dates and times and fees for each camp, or to sign up for a camp, visit www.kellogg.edu/youth or call 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.