Kellogg Community College is offering a Study Strategies for Success camp in July to help high school students improve their study habits.
The camp is for students ages 14 through 19 and will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, July 15 through 17, in room 109 of the Ohm Information Technology Center, on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek. The camp fee is $99.
Participants will complete a variety of assessments that will help them learn how to manage their own learning and understand their strengths, personal learning strategies and personality type. Each camp session will include tips and instruction on topics including:
- Time management and organization
- Reading with purpose
- Annotating textbooks and note taking
- Active listening tools
- Personal management tools
- Test-taking strategies and anxiety reduction
- College resources
Workshop participants should bring their own lunch each day of the camp.
Click here to sign up for the camp online. Registration can also be completed:
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 305 of the Lane Thomas Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
Space is limited and granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.