Want to take a class without the pressure of homework and tests? Kellogg Community College’s Lifelong Learning Department has you covered.
KCC’s Spring 2020 Lifelong Learning schedule, released this month, includes more than 80 personal-enrichment classes across topics including art, beekeeping, cooking, finance, fitness, history, retirement planning, technology and more.
The spring schedule includes popular favorites as well as nearly three dozen brand-new classes, including:
- Cannabis: A Conversation for the Curious
- Concerns of Captivity: The World War II Prisoners of War
- Discover the No Sugar Way of Life and Ditch the Sugar for Good
- Downsizing: It Can Be Harder Than You Think
- Golf Fundamentals for Women
- High to Low: Vines, Climbers and Ground Covers
- The Hot Rod Ditty Craze
- Inheritance Planning
- Legends and Folklore of the Great Lakes
- Murder Most Foul: A Century of Sensational Murders in Battle Creek
- Rain Gardens: Sustainable Landscaping for a Beautiful Yard
- St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake Shenanigans
- Yotox: Yoga for Your Face
- Your Body, Your Style: Dressing to Flatter Your Body Type
The spring schedule also offers two-hour, one-on-one training sessions for individuals who want more dedicated instruction, including one-on-one computer classes focused on a topic of the student’s choice, and one-on-one employment coaching for those looking for a new career.
For those who want to learn from the comfort of home, the Lifelong Learning Department also offers online classes across more than 300 topics through online education provider ed2go.
Lifelong Learning Membership
Individuals committed to lifelong learning experiences who want to join a community of like-minded learners can sign up for a Lifelong Learning Membership to receive discounts on classes and other exclusives.
Lifelong Learning Membership benefits include:
- “Best deal” discount pricing on select classes
- A free film class in KCC’s Davidson Auditorium
- Discount pricing on luncheons and day trips
- A free subscription to the Lifelong Learning Department’s quarterly newsletter
- Discounted admission to KCC Theatre productions
Membership is $25 annually; individuals can join anytime and the membership is good Sept. 1 through Aug. 31. Click here to register for a Lifelong Learning membership online.
For more information about Lifelong Learning programming at KCC or to view the spring class schedule online, visit www.kellogg.edu/lifelong.
Registration for all Lifelong Learning classes and activities can be completed entirely online on the Lifelong Learning website. Registration can also be completed:
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 305 of the Lane Thomas Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
For more information or assistance, email email@example.com or call 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.