Women’s basketball results: KCC ends season in first round of NJCAA Tournament

KCC's 2019-20 women's basketball team.

The Kellogg Community College women’s basketball team wrapped up their season last night with a loss in the first round of the NJCAA Tournament.

The Bruins lost their final game 68-60 to Grand Rapids Community College in Grand Rapids.

Leading for the Bruins were sophomore Jess Genier (Lakeview), who had 15 points and 4 assists; freshman Kalista Hubbart (Lakeview), who had 13 points; freshman Audrey DeWaters (Gull Lake), who had 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 steals and freshman Gabby Costello (Bellevue), with 9 points, 6 assists and 5 steals.

“Despite a valiant effort, our season ended last night with a hard fought game in the tournament,” said Head Women’s Basketball Coach Dic Doumanian. “We had a great run with 16 wins and a 5th place finish in the conference.”

Doumanian said as many of you know this was my last game coaching KCC. I want to thank all of you for supporting our teams and myself for my 10 seasons at the helm here. Special thanks to Tom Shaw, who hired me twice to lead the program. A coach couldn’t ask for a better Athletic Director. As always, Go Lady Bruins!

The loss brings the Bruins’ overall final season record to 16-14; the team’s final conference record is 10-8.

For more information about KCC’s women’s basketball team, including photos, a team roster and complete schedule, visit www.kellogg.edu/womens-basketball.