Students interested in submitting creative writing or art to Kellogg Community College’s Mosaic student art and literary magazine can do so through Feb. 26.
KCC publishes the Mosaic annually during the spring semester. Click here to view the Spring 2020 Mosaic online. Instructions for submitting to this year’s edition are below.
To Submit Writing
Students interested in submitting written work to Mosaic can submit works of fiction, nonfiction and/or poetry as email attachments to KCC English professor Tom Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions will be accepted as PDF, Word or Rich Text documents through Feb. 26. Students should write “Mosaic” in the subject line of the email including their submissions.
Submissions will be selected for publication by members of KCC’s Crude Arts Club, a student group devoted to writing. Students interested in joining the Crude Arts Club or participating in the selection process for the Mosaic should contact Webster via email.
To Submit Art
Any current KCC student is eligible to submit up to two original works of art for the Spring 2021 Mosaic. Art submissions are due according to the following guidelines by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 26:
- Students may enter up to two original works of art.
- Reproductions of works in all media, two-dimensional and digital works will be accepted.
- There is no fee for entry.
- Original art may be dropped at the office of KCC’s Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center; the show entry form may be completed at that time.
- Reproductions of original works may be submitted in JPEG format only to the online Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/request/IAdgycSHjAAGwVDpdg3G.
- Submit only one JPEG file for each work of art no larger than 4 MB each.
- Files must be large enough in RESOLUTION to reproduce good in the Mosaic magazine. Submissions that are too small will be rejected. Recommended resolution is 300 ppi at 100% scale.
- With your file submission(s) include a separate text document with the following information precisely in this format for each work submitted:
- Your first and last name
- Title of each artwork
- Medium of each artwork
- Submission files uploaded to the Dropbox MUST be named as follows:
- 02_lastname_title_ medium_2021
For more information about art submissions to Mosaic, contact Photography and Multimedia professor Ryan Flathau at email@example.com.
Please note: By submitting images and personally identifying yourself you are consenting to the publication of this artwork and information by the Kellogg Community College Arts and Communication Department on the College’s various communication platforms.