Want to take a class this fall without the pressure of homework, grades or tests? Kellogg Community College’s Lifelong Learning Department has you covered.
KCC’s Fall 2021 Lifelong Learning schedule, released last month, includes dozens of personal-enrichment classes across categories including the arts and hobbies; fitness; healthy and holistic; home, garden and food; money and financial health; computer and smartphone; and more.
The new fall schedule – available online at kellogg.edu/lifelong – includes popular favorites as well as more than two dozen brand-new classes, including:
- Armchair Traveler Series: Discover Ireland
- The Art of Charcuterie: Cheese Plate Pairing Perfection
- Aviation at the Air Zoo (with sessions available in Battle Creek or Hastings)
- Barn History and Preservation
- Computer Basics for Beginners
- Creative Smartphone Photography
- Cryptozoology of North America (with sessions available in Battle Creek or Hastings)
- Edible Art: Beautiful Christmas Desserts
- Edible Art: Fun Fall Desserts
- Erase Yourself from the Internet
- Exploring Michigan Counties
- Garden Myths: Truth or Fiction
- Gentle Yoga: Yoga for Every Body
- Ghosts and the Supernatural
- Golf Skill Basics: Stay Hot This Winter and Be Ready for Spring
- The Great American Fires
- Lunchtime Yoga
- Michigan’s Navy
- The Microbiome: Its Impact on Every Aspect of Your Health
- Online Dating Tips for Women
- Organizing Your Life: Less Stuff, Less Stress
- The Origins of Spiritualism in Battle Creek
- Seed Starting Tips and Tricks
- Stretch & Strengthen: Total Body Yoga
- Transformation for Health and Healing
- Understanding Dementia
- Understanding Drone Photography
- Women of the Bible: Stories for Today’s Women
- Women’s Health: Heart Smart and Hormonal Harmony
The fall Lifelong Learning schedule also offers one-on-one computer classes focused on a topic of the student’s choice, intentionally designed for participants whose schedules don’t allow time for regularly scheduled class periods.
For those who want to learn from the comfort of home, the Lifelong Learning Department also offers online classes across more than 300 topics through online education provider ed2go.
In-person Lifelong Learning classes will be held on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek or at the College’s Fehsenfeld Center campus, located at 2950 West M-179 Highway in Hastings. Additional classes may be located offsite, as indicated in the class description in the schedule.
Registration for all Lifelong Learning classes and activities can be completed entirely online on the Lifelong Learning website at kellogg.edu/lifelong. Registration can also be completed:
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 305 of the Lane Thomas Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
Individuals who sign up by Sept. 15 will get an Early Bird Discount of $5 off the registration fee for every class they register for.
For more information or assistance, email email@example.com or call 269-965-4134.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.