Students interested in retail management will have the opportunity to earn a Retail Management Certificate as part of a new program offered at Kellogg Community College beginning this fall.
KCC’s new Retail Management Certificate Program consists of eight courses totaling 26 credit hours that can be completed in as little as a year.
Instruction will consist of hands-on, work-based learning experiences in areas focused on daily business operations in the retail environment, including:
- Supply chain management
- Legal and ethical behaviors
- Marketing selection and retail location analysis
- Financial reporting
- Merchandising and pricing
- Advertising and promotion
- Customer service and retail selling
- Store layout and design
Dr. Chet Dalski, director of Simulation Education and Special Projects at KCC, said the local retail industry needs quality employees, and the College can provide a robust program where students will quickly learn the skills to be successful in either merchandise retail for food-service retail operations.
“The Retail Management Certificate Program at KCC is an excellent starting point toward a career in retail management,” Dalski said. “Participants can explore the retail management industry, learning the various elements that impact success in this field. They can then choose to further specialize in any specific element they find fits the direction they want their career to go.”
To obtain the certificate, students must complete the following courses:
- ACCO 101: General Accounting (four credits)
- BUAD 101: Introduction to Business (three credits)
- BUAD 132: Human Resources Management (three credits)
- BUAD 251: Principles of Marketing (three credits)
- BUAD 274: Organizational Behavior (three credits)
- BUAD 275: Retail Management (three credits)
- OIT 130: Office Procedures/Keyboarding 1 (four credits)
- OIT 161: Applications Software (three credits)
Individuals interested in the program can begin mapping their course sequence by contacting KCC’s Academic Advising Office at 269-965-4124 or email@example.com to make an appointment with an academic advisor. Individuals new to KCC should start by filling out a free online application at kellogg.edu/apply.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.