Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. To view the original posts, click through the links in the publications’ titles.
- New York’s Oneida Daily Dispatch is the latest to report on Kellogg Community College’s Air Rescue Firefighter (ARFF) Trainer’s recent time at Griffiss International Airport in Rome, N.Y. The article briefly profiles the ARFF trainer and two firefighters, includes a great photo and quotes Bill Sutherland, a chief at the Oneida County Airport Fire Department, as saying more than 100 area firefighters were able to go through the ARFF training last week. For more information about Kellogg Community College’s ARFF program, visit www.kellogg.edu/arff.
- The Battle Creek Enquirer quotes Kellogg Community College welding student Matt Lake in an article about St. Philip Catholic Central High School graduates who are attending college returning to their old school to talk about lessons learned in higher education. “I’m here just trying to preach about how good trades are and how much they need people,” Lake, who attends KCC’s Regional Manufacturing Technology Center, is quoted as saying in the article. “Especially young people.”
- The Daily Reporter out of Coldwater quotes Kellogg Community College student Cindy Angeldove in an article highlighting students seeking to become educators who were recognized by an area chapter of Michigan Association of Retired School Personnel (MARSP) on Tuesday. Angeldove is “working hard at Kellogg Community College on an associate’s degree, and will receive that in the fall,” the article says. “She plans to go on to Western Michigan and pursue a career in early education. Angeldove was thankful for everyone, including teachers at KCC, for ‘helping me reach my goals.'”
- The Battle Creek Enquirer reports that the “Recycle Rama” event held in a Kellogg Community College parking lot on Saturday drew hundreds of area residents. The waste pickup event was sponsored by the college, Calhoun County Recycling, Republic Waste, Substance Abuse Council, Calhoun County Health Department, Valley City Environmental Services, Franklin Iron and Metal, BGame Refrigeration, Charitable Union, Epaint Recycling and 3E, the Enquirer reports.
KCC ATHLETICS NEWS
- Chicago’s Southtown Star has posted a brief about Kellogg Community College basketball player Darius Holman making the Michigan Community College Athletic Association’s All-Western Conference Honorable Mention Team for the 2011-12 season. The Star writes that Holman, originally from University Park, Ill., was second in three-pointers made for the Bruins, with 27, and was second on the team in scoring, averaging 16.6 points per game.
- The Three Rivers Commercial-News has posted an article about Kellogg Community College’s baseball team sweeping a double header against Glen Oaks Community College last Thursday. “Kellogg Community College showed Glen Oaks Community College why it has been so successful in the past few years on the baseball diamond on Thursday,” the article reads.
- The Battle Creek Enquirer writes about the Kellogg Community College baseball and softball teams in briefs posted this weekend, also writing about the baseball team’s sweep of Glen Oaks as well as about the softball team splitting their double header against Grand Rapids Community College on Saturday.
- The Times Herald out of Port Huron has also posted an article highlighting Kellogg Community College baseball victories, writing about the Bruins’ victories over St. Clair County Community College on Saturday.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our press releases online at kellogg.edu/news/press.html.