Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. To view the original posts, click through the links in the publications’ titles.
- MITechNews.com has posted a press release highlighting the Veteran Resources Fair that will be hosted on Kellogg Community College’s Battle Creek campus on May 8. The event — which is sponsored by the State of Michigan’s Department of Military and Veterans Affairs and Veterans’ Services Division, along with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Veterans Health Administration — is described as “a one-day resources fair for military veterans and their families.”
- The Battle Creek Enquirer has posted a first-person feature by Kellogg Community College graduate Jordan Blekking, who is currently serving in Zambia, Africa, as a member of the Peace Corps. Blekking says in the article that he earned an associate’s degree in General Studies and another in Arts from KCC, and he’s wearing a KCC T-shirt in the photo accompanying the post. Blekking’s parents, John and Linda Younglove, are employees at the college.
- The Midland Daily News quotes Gov. Rick Snyder, a former Kellogg Community College student, in an article that states he “told a roomful of education supporters that he would not be where he is today if it weren’t for his time spent at a community college.” The Daily News quotes Snyder as saying, “You hear I am a (University of Michigan) Wolverine quite often. Before I was a Wolverine I actually started my college career at Kellogg Community College. … I have been a very firm, very strong advocate for community colleges because I wouldn’t be where I am if it were not for that.”
- The Battle Creek Enquirer quotes former Kellogg Community College student Gary Moline in a feature about restoring Huey helicopters.
- The Battle Creek Enquirer has posted a brief highlighting awards given to adjunct instructors Charles Newman and Steven Frisbie at Kellogg Community College’s recent Adjunct Recognition Dinner. Click here for more information about the awards.
- The Battle Creek Enquirer also mentions Kellogg Community College in an article about preparations for the 2012 World Hot Air Balloon Championship. The Enquirer notes that the college will be hosting public events during the final two days of the competition in August.
KCC ATHLETICS NEWS
- The Battle Creek Enquirer covered the Kellogg Community College baseball team’s winning of the Michigan Community College Athletic Association Conference title after sweeping a double header against Jackson Community College on Saturday. “The Bruins secured sole possession of first place by going 20-6 in the 14-team conference while improving to 33-19 overall,” the article states.
- The Battle Creek Enquirer also covered the Kellogg Community College baseball team’s two losses to Ohio’s Sinclair Community College on Sunday.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our press releases online at kellogg.edu/news/press.html.