Tomorrow is Election Day! Break out your local election guides or Google the issues on your ballot, because it’s almost game time people, and you want to be informed when you head to the polls.
In addition to voting for president this year, voters in the Kellogg Community College taxing district will have the opportunity to vote on a renewal of the College’s capital millage at a lesser rate than the College’s current millage.
To find out more about the KCC’s millage proposal, visit the College’s Millage Renewal Information blog at www.kellogg.edu/renewal. To find out your voting location and to see a sample ballot, visit www.michigan.gov/vote and fill in your info.
Here are some reminders of things going on today and tomorrow related to KCC.
Scheduled for today:
- Registration for Spring 2013 classes continues after beginning last week. For a list of available classes, visit www.kellogg.edu/schedule/classlistingSP.asp.
- KCC’s College Democrats will host an Election 2012 Information Table beginning at 10 a.m. in the lobby of the Roll Health and Administration Building on the College’s North Avenue campus.
- Kellogg Community College students will have the opportunity to speak with representatives from more than 40 colleges and universities at the annual Transfer Fair from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today in the Miller Gymnasium on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Refreshments will be provided and there will be prize giveaways including a flat-screen TV and a mountain bike. Click here for more information about the event from a post on this blog.
- Future college students will have the opportunity to talk with representatives from more than 70 institutions and organizations during the annual Calhoun County College Night, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Kellogg Arena, 36 W. Hamblin Ave., Battle Creek. The event is sponsored by Kellogg Community College and is free and open to the public. Click here for more information about the event from a post on this blog.
Scheduled for tomorrow:
- The student-led Healthy Choices Leadership Organization will host a letter-writing event to encourage those currently serving in the military beginning at 10 a.m. in the lobby of the Roll Building. A collection box will be available for donations of non-perishables for the residents of the Silver Star Apartments veterans housing complex in Battle Creek.