Welcome back students! Today is the first official day of Spring 2013 semester classes at Kellogg Community College! Don’t forget that the college will be closed on Monday, Jan. 21, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Here are some reminders of other things going on this week related to KCC.
Scheduled for tomorrow:
- The Kellogg Community College women’s basketball team plays Muskegon Community College in a home game beginning at 1 p.m. at the Miller Gym on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Admission to the game is free. Click here for a complete 2012-13 women’s basketball schedule from a post on this blog.
- The Kellogg Community College men’s basketball team plays Muskegon Community College in a home game beginning at 3 p.m. at the Miller Gym on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Admission to the game is free. Click here for a complete 2012-13 men’s basketball schedule from a post on this blog.
- Community members are invited to join Kellogg Community College students and employees for an overseas trip planned for May 10-24 of sites in Europe that were significant during World War I and World War II. The trip is organized as part of a course in international studies at the college, and reservations must be made by Jan. 22. Click here for more information about the trip from a post on this blog.
- The deadline for students to apply for a Gold Key Scholarship for the 2013-14 academic year at Kellogg Community College is Jan. 25. A Gold Key provides $6,000 to recipients, who are awarded $2,500 annually for two years, plus an additional $1,000 for continuing their education after completing a two-year program at KCC. Click here for more information about the scholarship from a post on this blog.
- Kellogg Community College’s third annual Diversity Art Contest is accepting entries from students and community members until 4 p.m. Jan. 25. Each category will have a $400 grand prize and three $100 honorable mention awards. Click here for more details from a post on this blog or click here to view the entry form (a PDF).
- Textbooks for the Spring 2013 semester are now available at Kellogg Community College’s Bruin Bookstore. View the bookstore’s hours on their website at bookstore.kellogg.edu.
- Registration for the Spring 2013 semester is ongoing, with classes beginning Jan. 18.Click here for a list of classes offered. If you’d like to meet with an advisor in Battle Creek, contact Academic Advising at 269-965-4124 to schedule an appointment. For an appointment at one of KCC’s regional centers, contact the Eastern Academic Center in Albion at 517-630-8169, the Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings at 269-948-9500, or the Grahl Center in Coldwater at 517-278-330.
Keep up to date with what’s happening at Kellogg Community College by following this blog, our Facebook page and our Twitter feed.