Here are some reminders of things going on this week related to Kellogg Community College.
Scheduled for today:
- Kellogg Community College’s Air Rescue Firefighter Trainer finishes a three-day stretch training firefighters from the Melbourne Fire Department in Melbourne, Fla., today. Click here for more information about the ARFF trainer from KCC’s website.
- Bruin Boost, Kellogg Community College’s spring semester welcome back event for students, will begin at 11:30 a.m. on the college’s North Avenue campus. Students can receive free snacks and register for prizes during the event while meeting representatives from several of KCC’s student organizations.
- Also beginning at 11:30 a.m. will be a Calhoun Intermediate School District information session. The session will run till noon in the Binda Theatre and include information about four service learning opportunities available to students through CISD. For more information, visit the Kellogg Community College Service Learning Facebook page.
- Kellogg Community College will hold auditions for the Concentus Vocal Ensemble beginning at 4 p.m. in the choir room of the Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus. For more information email Director Gerald Blanchard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kellogg Community College’s women’s basketball team plays Lansing Community College beginning at 5:30 p.m. in Lansing. Click here for a complete 2012-13 women’s basketball schedule from a post on this blog.
- Kellogg Community College’s men’s basketball team plays Lansing Community College beginning at 7:30 p.m. in Lansing. Click here for a complete 2012-13 men’s basketball schedule from a post on this blog.
Scheduled for tomorrow:
- Patrick Casey, director of Career and Employment Services at Kellogg Community College, will present a free Academic Workshop titled “Emerging Technologies for Job Search” from noon to 1 p.m. in room 09 of the Ohm Information Technology Building on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Click here for more information about this and future Academic Workshops at the college (the link will take you to a PDF including workshop descriptions).
Later this week:
- Friday, Feb. 1, is the last day of the Spring 2013 semester that Kellogg Community College students may charge their textbooks to their financial aid at the Bruin Bookstore. For more information, visit KCC’s Financial Aid site at www.kellogg.edu/financial or contact the Financial Aid Office at 269-965-4123 or email@example.com.
- Kellogg Community College’s third annual Diversity Art Contest wrapped up last Friday. Artwork entered in the contest will be displayed in the Eleanor R. & Robert A. DeVries Gallery in the Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center through this week and contest winners will be announced during an awards ceremony beginning at noon Monday, Feb. 4, in the gallery. Click here for more details from a post on this blog.