Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the posts on each organization’s website.
- “Leaders in Battle Creek get $1.4 million to tackle social problems in new collaborative ways” (MLive.com): “Participants include leaders from UWBCKR, Kellogg Community College, Battle Creek Area Chamber of Commerce, City of Battle Creek, BC Pulse, Project 20/20 and many other organizations.”
- “Class Notes: KCC to offer Spring Break Legos” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Kellogg Community College is offering two youth Lego camps during spring break, from April 1 to 4. … For more information, contact Kim Andrews-Bingham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-565-2802.
- “Heart healthy hoops” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The NBA came to Kellogg Community College’s Miller Gym Friday afternoon.”
- “Bengals grab series-opener against Kellogg Community College” (Bengal Athletics): “The LSU Eunice baseball team got back to its’ winning ways on Friday night, grabbing a 4-2 win in their series opener against visiting Kellogg Community College.” Click here for the game’s box score.
- “Albion grad Jarrett Dunn recalls his two years in the Peace Corps” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “And so he took on the challenge and applied to the Peace Corps after graduation from Albion. The rigorous process included an application, an in-depth essay, a physical exam and a face-to-face interview and as Dunn waited to hear if he was accepted, he worked odd jobs in town, including as a teaching volunteer at Kellogg Community College and as one of the legion of helpers for the U.S. Census Bureau.”
- “Bengals take second game of series behind strong pitching” (Bengal Athletics): “The LSU Eunice baseball team received an outstanding pitching performance from freshman Chad Reeves on Saturday night as they took the second game of their series against Kellogg Community College by an 11-2 score.” Click here for the game’s box score.
- “Baseball Bengals take series sweep over Kellogg Community College” (Bengal Athletics): “The LSU Eunice baseball team saw its second-straight day of outstanding starting pitching become more than enough to take the series finale 11-1 over visiting Kellogg Community College on Sunday afternoon.” Click here for the game’s box score.
- “MBS International Airport receives grant for firefighting training” (Midland Daily News): “MBS’ eight full-time firefighters will participate in a live eight-hour training exercise on May 6 that will be conducted by Kellogg Community College, which manages an FAA aircraft rescue and firefighting mobile trainer.”
- “Dennis Bona: At KCC, workforce development just ‘part of who we are'” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “With great confidence, I routinely challenge my audiences to find a local employer that hasn’t engaged KCC either by hiring our graduates, sending employees to us for further education or inviting us into their workplace for training that is tailored to fit their specific needs.”
- “Discouraged job seekers often go uncounted: Education, health, frustration can take people out of the job market” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The Battle Creek resident eventually went back to school and, at the age of 58, earned an associate degree from Kellogg Community College last July. After more than four years out of the workforce, he’s now a few weeks into a new part-time job with the faith-based nonprofit CityLinC helping paroled felons start new lives.”
- “Laura McGuire: Manufacturing part of a picture-perfect community” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Across the state, manufacturers are engaging in youth training programs, helping counselors with career planning activities, helping teachers build relevant learning activities and helping parents understand the economic advantage of vocational training or dual enrollment in college manufacturing programs.”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.