Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the posts on each organization’s website.
- “KCC prof crafts special book for her grandkids” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “As Pam Feeney has learned, grandkids change everything. And that’s why Feeney, who has taught writing and English at Kellogg Community College since 1984 and who says ‘I don’t have a creative bone in my body,’ decided to sit down and do something completely out of character.”
- “Deadly force training prepares students for a moment no one wants to confront” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “A half-dozen students enrolled in law enforcement courses at Kellogg Community College went into a darkened room five days ago for a first look at a new machine that simulates what they likely will encounter if they work as police officers in Battle Creek or any other community.”
- “Aspiring cops train for deadly force: Simulator gives students glance at real-life issues” (Livingston Daily)
- “Police students study use of deadly force” (WFMY News)
- “Class Notes: KCC historical marker dedication April 28” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “The free, public dedication ceremony will feature speeches by Will Kellogg III, the great-grandson of Kellogg Co. founder W.K. Kellogg, Jim McHale, vice president of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, state Sen. Mike Nofs and Alice Marie Jacobs, president of Danville Area Community College and a former dean at KCC, and more.”
- “How KVCC’s graduation, transfer rates compare to other Michigan community colleges” (Kalamazoo Gazette): “When the totals are combined, KVCC ranks 20th out of the 28 Michigan Community Colleges — tied with Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek and North Central Michigan Community College.”
- “Graduation rate lags at Kalamazoo Valley Community College, but reasons why are tricky” (Kalamazoo Gazette): “Together, the two categories make up 37.7 percent of KVCC’s full-time student body, moving the community college up to 20th out of 28, tied with Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek and North Central Michigan Community College in Petoskey.”
- “Delta College stuns nationally-ranked Kellogg for momentum-building victory” (Bay City Times): “And after losing the first game to Kellogg 7-0, it appeared to look bleak for a team that has its sight set on a postseason berth. But a 6-2 win in the nightcap – and a split on the day – was well received amongst the Delta club.”
- “Jake Wakeland RHP Kellogg Community College” (YouTube): “Jake Wakeland Pitching against Kalamazoo Valley Community College.”
- “Eric Parkinson, Up-and-Coming – PC2460” (Who Made it, Who Didn’t: The Greatest 21 Days): “Parkinson’s career began in 1989, when he was taken by the Pirates in the 22nd round of the draft out of Kellogg Community College.”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.