Here are some reminders of upcoming events related to Kellogg Community College.
Scheduled for today, Wednesday, April 24, 2013:
- A Mosaic Breakfast, Publication Party and Reading to celebrate the publication of the latest edition of the Mosaic student literary journal will begin at 8:30 a.m. in room 301 of the C Classroom Building. The event also will feature writing awards.
- A Financial Aid Assistance Open Lab will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. in room 09 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Click here for more information about the open lab from a post on this blog.
- A Fehsenfeld Center Graduation Celebration will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings.
- Western Michigan University’s College of Education will host a Transfer Student Information Table from 1 to 4 p.m. in the North Walkway on KCC’s North Avenue campus.
- An Eastern Academic Center Graduation Celebration will be held from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the Easter Academic Center in Albion.
- A Grahl Center Graduation Celebration will be held from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the Grahl Center in Coldwater.
Scheduled for Thursday, April 25, 2013:
- Miller College will host a Transfer Student Information Table from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the North Walkway on KCC’s North Avenue campus.
- The softball team will play a single game against Jackson Community College beginning at 3 p.m. in Jackson. The game was part of a double header played earlier this month that was postponed due to weather following game one.
- The baseball team will play Owens Community College in a nine-inning game beginning at 3 p.m. in Toledo, Ohio.
Scheduled for Friday, April 26, 2013:
- The softball team will play Muskegon Community College in a double header beginning at 3 p.m. in Muskegon.
Scheduled for Saturday, April 27, 2013:
- The baseball team will play St. Clair County Community College in a double header beginning at 1 p.m. at home at Bailey Park in Battle Creek.
Scheduled for Sunday, April 28, 2013:
- The public is invited to a Michigan historical marker dedication ceremony beginning at 3 p.m. at the Binda Theatre on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Notable guests will join in the unveiling of the marker, including Will Kellogg III, the great-grandson of Kellogg Co. founder W.K. Kellogg; Jim McHale, vice president of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation; Mike Nofs, a state senator and KCC alumnus; and Alice Marie Jacobs, president of Danville Area Community College and a former dean at KCC. Click here for more information about the event from a post on this blog.
- Student art from KCC’s annual Student Art Show will be displayed in the Eleanor R. & Robert A. DeVries Gallery in the college’s Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center through Wednesday, May 1. The exhibit will be free and open to the public for viewing during gallery hours, which are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Click here for more information about the show from a post on this blog.
- Registration for Summer 2013 classes is now open. Visit www.kellogg.edu/registrar/register.html for more information.
- Summer 2013 textbooks will be available at the Bruin Bookstore beginning Monday, May 6.
- Spring 2013 textbook buyback at the Bruin Bookstore will run Wednesday, May 8, through Tuesday, May 14. Stay tuned to the KCC Daily for more information or click here to view the bookstore’s Book Buyback Schedule.
- Spring 2013 classes end Monday, May 13.
- Commencement will be held on Wednesday, May 15, at Kellogg Arena. Stay tuned to the KCC Daily for more information.