Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the posts on each organization’s website.
- “Future Bronco Chad Mayle Earns Multiple Honors Including MCCAA Player of the Year” (Western Michigan Broncos): “Right-handed pitcher Chad Mayle was named the Michigan Community College Athletic Association Player of the Year. Mayle was a sophomore at Kellogg Community College this past season and will join the Western Michigan team in the fall.”
- “100 Goals: Pennfield’s Jarrard among best ever in the city at putting the ball in net”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “According to the all-time list at MHSAA, no other boy or girl soccer player at a Battle Creek-area school has scored 100 goals in a career – looking at the city schools in Battle Creek as well as area schools such as Marshall and Gull Lake. … She will play for Kellogg Community College next year.”
- “If you build it…they will come: Bombers bringing top-flight talent into ’13 season”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “Also back on the team are pitchers Caleb Vincent (Marshall H.S./Kellogg C.C), Ethan Bramschreiber (Northwestern) and Kenton San Miguel (Kellogg C.C./Central Michigan).”
- “Local sports calendar of events/local sports notices: KELLOGG CC YOUTH SOCCER CAMP”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “The Kellogg Community College women’s soccer coaching staff and players will lead a summer soccer camp for kids ages 5-12 on Monday through Thursday, June 17-20, at the soccer field on KCC’s North Avenue campus. Camp includes a 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. half-day option, which costs $30 for the week; and a 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. full-day camp, which costs $50 for the week.”
- “COLLEGE CONNECTIONS: Klotz closes Bethel career in grand style”(Goshen News): “Kellogg Community College pitcher Dirk Ormsby (West Noble) has committed to play baseball for Northern Illinois University (NCAA Division) during the 2013-14 season. Ormsby pitched in seven games (two starts) with a 3-3 record. He had a 4.42 ERA in 36 2/3 innings. Ormsby struck out 29 and walked 13. … Also for Kellogg, sophomore Derek Yoder batted .348 (46 for 132) with 12 doubles and a triple. He scored 45 runs and drove in 26.”
- “New Border Cats skipper eager to start”(Chronicle-Journal): “Infielder Trent Pell (Kellogg Community College), pitcher Cameron Wood (Redlands Community College), pitcher Kregg Snook (Clarendon College), pitcher Chad Mayle (Western Michigan University) and outfielder Kyle Westhuis (Eastern Arizona College) were also signed to temporary contracts on Monday.”
- “Miller College and Kellogg Community College students chosen to attend AAUW’s NCCWSL Conference in Maryland”(Miller College): “Each year the AAUW of Battle Creek branch selects deserving college women from Miller College and Kellogg Community College to attend the AAUW National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL) held this year from May 30th through June 1st, 2013 at the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland. … This year’s attendees include: Noelle Hogan, Miller College, and Hannah Smith and Jade Bolden, students at Kellogg Community College.”
- “Vietnam War photos from former Michigan man resdiscovered after 44 years” (MLive): “Haughey grew up in Union City and went to Kellogg Community College and Western Michigan University. It was 1967 when, at the age of 24, he was drafted in the U.S. Army.”
- “Class Notes: KCC to host Memorial Day event Monday”(Battle Creek Enquirer): “Kellogg Community College will honor those who have died while serving in the military during a ceremony at 11 a.m. Monday.” (Editor’s note: This event was held yesterday.)
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.