Here are some of the latest mentions of Kellogg Community College in online media. Click through the links to view the full posts.
- “Kellogg Comm. College opening its doors to music students” (WWMT Newschannel 3): “If you’re interested in studying music, Kellogg Community College is offering a unique opportunity this week. It’s opening its doors to their classroom and music lesson studio to anyone interested in taking a class. Joining us to talk more about the Free Music Open House is Dr. Gerald Blanchard, Director of the Vocal Arts area at KCC.”
- “Class Notes: New tech program, grants at KCC; Bruin Open nets $90K for KCC Foundation” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Kellogg Community College said in a news release it is launching a new 30-credit certificate or 62-credit associate degree mechatronics program at the school’s Regional Manufacturing Technology Center. … In a separate news release, KCC announced it would offer $500,000 worth of job training through the state’s Michigan New Jobs Training Program for employees from Denso Manufacturing Michigan Inc. and TRMI Inc. … The Bruin Scholarship Open golf outing raised $90,000 for the Kellogg Community College Foundation, KCC said in a news release. The money raised will fund about 25 student scholarships, the release said. Some 240 golfers played.”
- “Obama administration announces $474.5 million in grants to expand demand-driven skills training and strengthen employer partnerships: Grants are third installment of nearly $2 billion community college initiative” (U.S. Department of Labor): “Consortium members: Bay College ($1,473,249), Grand Rapids Community College ($4,128,382), Kellogg Community College ($2,655,476), Lake Michigan College ($1,217,576), Lansing Community College ($2,114,000), Mott Community College ($2,688,000), Schoolcraft College ($1,107,377). Industry focus: Advanced Manufacturing.”
- “Macomb Community College-led Group Gets $24.9M Federal Grant For Advanced Manufacturing” (CBS Detroit): “The other members of the coalition and their portion of the award are Bay De Noc Community College, $1.5 million; Grand Rapids Community College, $4.1 million; Kellogg Community College, $2.7 million; Lake Michigan College, $1.2 million; Lansing Community College, $2.1 million; Mott Community College, $2.7 million; and Schoolcraft College, $1.1 million.”
- “8 community colleges will spend $24.9M in U.S. grants to train workers” (Crain’s Detroit Business): “Other colleges that received grants are: Schoolcraft Community College, Livonia – $1.1 million; Bay De Noc Community College, Escanaba – $1.5 million; Grand Rapids Community College – $4.1 million; Kellogg Community College,Battle Creek – $2.7 million; Lake Michigan Community College, Benton Harbor – $1.2 million; Lansing Community College – $2.1 million; Mott Community College, Flint – $2.7 million.”
- “GRCC Awarded $4.1 Million As Part of Grant From U.S. Department of Labor” (FOX 17): “The other members of the coalition and their portion of the award are: Bay De Noc Community College $1.5 million; Grand Rapids Community College $4.1 million; Kellogg Community College $2.7 million; Lake Michigan College $1.2 million; Lansing Community College $2.1 million; Macomb Community College $9.6 million; Mott Community College $2.7 million; Schoolcraft College $1.1 million.”
- “Burmese teens open up about going to school in America” (Battle Creek Enquirer): “Kuk, 18, now attends Kellogg Community College and works at the Burma Center, helping other Burmese people adjust to the American lifestyle.”
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.