Members of the Kellogg Community College Foundation’s Art on Campus Initiative are seeking sculptures for display at various locations on KCC’s campus at 450 North Avenue, Battle Creek.
Artists submitting their work for consideration must send supporting materials by the application deadline of Friday, Feb. 14, 2013, to:
Art Exhibitions Director
Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center
Kellogg Community College
450 North Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017
All work should utilize existing 6- by 6-foot round concrete pads, although other accommodations will be considered. Submitted work must have strong visual appeal and complement or highlight the locations where they are installed. (Photographs of installation locations are available upon request.)
Selected sculptures will be displayed freely to the public for up to 24 months, with a possibility for extended exhibition or purchase from the artist. Artists or teams of artists whose work is chosen will receive a $500 stipend per sculpture to go toward project expenses, including costs related to transportation and the installation and removal of their work.
- Each artist may submit up to 5 sculpture entries. Each sculpture must be represented by at least two different angle or perspective photographs, include artist name, contact info, title, dimensions and media.
- Sculptures must be weatherproof and designed for outdoor climate conditions.
- The artist is responsible for transportation and installation of artworks. KCC Facilities Management will work with the artist to install the sculpture.
- If applicable, any special installation requirements must be described in detail.
- Sculpture may be for sale during installation. Artists are responsible for handling of sales. No commission will be charged.
- Artists are responsible for removal of all unsold artworks by prearranged date. Art not removed in a timely fashion will be subject to storage or disposal fees.
- The artist will be responsible for obtaining any necessary insurance policies to cover the artwork while installed at the site. Kellogg Community College will not insure any piece beyond standard liability protection for injury or death.
- KCC will provide publicity for each installed work of art; with entry into this exhibition it shall be understood to indicate an agreement on the part of the entrant, with all conditions set forth in this prospectus. This includes permission for Kellogg Community College to photographically reproduce any of the installed sculptures for publicity and educational purposes.
Installation of sculptures will take place between May 12 and June 13, 2014, and removal will take place between May 9 and June 9, 2016.
For more information, contact Art Exhibitions Director Ryan Flathau at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 269-565-7880.
The photo of the sculpture featured above was taken by KCC art instructor Ryan Flathau.
For more news about KCC, view our latest press releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/press-releases.