Kellogg Community College’s fall 2014 women’s volleyball season kicks off this month and will include eight home matches with free admission on the College’s North Avenue campus.
Home women’s volleyball matches are scheduled for the following dates:
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4, vs. Lake Michigan College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 11, vs. Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18, vs. Jackson College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 2, vs. Lansing Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 9, vs. Muskegon Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, vs. Grand Rapids Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21, vs. Ancilla College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, vs. Mott Community College
All home matches except the Oct. 23 contest against Mott are Michigan Community College Athletic Association Western Conference matchups and will be held in the Miller Gym on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek.
The Bruins are looking to improve on a 2013 season that ended with a 4-10 conference record and a 6-18 record overall. The team last season finished outside of the top five teams in their conference and didn’t qualify for postseason play.
This year’s team includes four returning sophomores:
- Rebecca Browning, of Rockwood/Oscar A. Carlson High School
- Tristen Ehredt, of Battle Creek/Pennfield High School
- Carmen O’Dell, of Marshall/Mashall High School
- Victoria Rybinski, of Brutus/Pellston High School
The roster of 12 is rounded out by a predominantly local squad of freshman, including Grace Crawford, of Marshall/Marshall High School; Hannah Day, of Pennfield/Pennfield High School; Kenya House, of Riverdale/St. Louis High School; Hannah Lenz, of Battle Creek/Pennfield High School; Jessica Martinovich, of Battle Creek/Lakeview High School; Megan Milbrandt, of Pellston/Pellston High School; Alexandria Owen, of Hastings/Hastings High School; and Kelsey Snowball, of Battle Creek/Calhoun Christian School.
For information about the volleyball program at KCC, contact head volleyball coach Amy Julien at 269-965-3931 ext. 2535 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.kellogg.edu/athletics/volleyball.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.