Seven Kellogg Community College softball players and KCC’s head softball coach have received post-season softball awards from the Michigan Community College Athletic Association.
The Bruins, who finished a record-breaking season this year as the MCCAA state champions and MCCAA Western Conference champions, wrapped up their spring with a 27-5 conference record and a 37-13 record overall. The team’s season, which saw more wins than any other in the program’s history, came to an end after a loss to Kalamazoo Valley Community College in the quarterfinals of the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II Softball District I Championship last week.
Post-season MCCAA softball awards for the Bruins include:
- Elizabeth Albaugh, a sophomore catcher/first-basewoman, of Shepherd, All-Region XII 1st Team, All-MCCAA, All-Western Conference 1st Team
- Mary Emington, a sophomore shortstop/outfielder, of Cadillac, All-Region XII 1st Team, All-MCCAA, All-Western Conference 1st Team
- Tess Gailhouse, a freshman infielder, of Lawton, All-Western Conference Honorable Mention
- Kelsey Konkol, a freshman outfielder, of Homer, All-Western Conference 1st Team, Western Conference All-Freshman Team
- Anorah Seita, a sophomore pitcher, of Battle Creek, All-Western Conference 1st Team
- Tori Sides, a freshman outfielder, of Kalamazoo, All-Western Conference 2nd Team
- Holly VanTilburg, a freshman pitcher/outfielder/infielder, of Paw Paw, Western Conference Player of the Year, All-Region XII 1st Team, All-MCCAA, All-Western Conference 1st Team, Western Conference Freshman of the Year, Western Conference All-Freshman Team
In addition to the KCC student-athlete awards noted above, KCC’s second-year head softball coach Darrick Brown was awarded MCCAA Coach of the Year and Western Conference Coach of the Year honors.
For more information about KCC softball, visit www.kellogg.edu/softball or contact Coach Brown at 269-806-2659 (cell), 269-965-4151 ext. 2555 (office) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
High-resolution team and individual photos of the KCC softball team are available for download for use by fans and the media from the 2015 KCC Women’s Softball album on KCC’s Flickr page.
The team photo above was taken by KCC student and photographer Sarah Huling. More of Huling’s work can be seen online at www.flickr.com/photos/131983162@N03/sets.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest news releases online at daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.