Kellogg Community College is launching a robust new initiative this summer focused on connecting area youth with experiences related to education and careers.
KCC’s new Bruin Youth Programming, administered through KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department, will expand on the College’s current offerings of sports camps and Bruin Bots robotics initiatives held throughout the year on campuses in Battle Creek, serving kids from first grade through high school.
New offerings cover everything from learning how to become a better runner to becoming an entrepreneur to exploring a day in the life of a police officer, and much more. Programs offered this summer will include:
- First Steps to a Fantastic Run, June 8, 15, 22 and 29, ages 13-18
- Career Exploration Experience, June 20-23, grades 9-12
- Summer Basketball Camp, June 20-23, grades 1-9
- Bruin Bots Robotics Summer Camp, July 5-7, grades 3-5
- Bruin Bots Robotics Summer Camp, July 11-14, grades 6-9
- Summer Volleyball Camp, July 25-27 and 27-29, grades 5-12
- Study Strategies for Success, Aug. 1-4, ages 14-19
- Become an Entrepreneur! Camp, Aug. 1-4, grades 3-5
- Become an Entrepreneur! Camp, Aug. 8-11, grades 6-8
- Explore the Life of a Public Servant: Law Enforcement, Fire and Emergency Services, Aug. 8-11, grades 6-8
- Softball Camp, Aug. 21, grades 4-12
Space in each program is limited and granted on a first-come, first-served basis. For registration forms or more information about programs offered this summer, visit KCC’s Bruin Youth Programming Web page at www.kellogg.edu/youth.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.