Kellogg Community College is hosting two four-day workshops in August designed to help high school students improve their study habits.
KCC’s Study Strategies for Success workshops are open to students ages 14 to 19 and will be offered on KCC’s campuses in Battle Creek and Coldwater. Workshops will be held at the following times and locations:
- 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Aug. 1-4, at KCC’s Grahl Center campus at 125 Seeley St., Coldwater
- 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Aug. 8-11, in room 109 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek
Workshop participants will complete a variety of assignments that will help them learn to manage their own learning and understand their strengths, personal learning strategies and personality type. Each workshop will include tips and instruction on topics including:
- Time management and organization
- Reading with purpose
- Annotating textbooks and note taking
- Active listening tools
- Personal management tools
- Test-taking strategies and anxiety reduction
- College resources
Each workshop costs $119, which includes a copy of the book “A Pocket Guide to College Success.” Workshop participants should bring their own lunch each day of the workshop.
Registration forms are available online at www.kellogg.edu/youth. Registration can be completed:
- By mail by completing a camp registration form and mailing the form with payment to Lifelong Learning, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, MI. 49017
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- By fax by sending the completed form to 269-565-2129
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 102 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
Space in each workshop is limited and granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bruin Youth Programming
KCC’s Study Success Strategies workshops are part of Kellogg Community College’s new Bruin Youth Programming, an initiative of the College’s Lifelong Learning Department that is focused on connecting area youth with experiences related to athletics, education and careers. Bruin Youth Programming expands the College’s traditional offerings of sports camps and Bruin Bots robotics initiatives held throughout the year on campuses in Battle Creek, serving kids from first grade through high school. For more information, including dates and descriptions of upcoming camps and other activities, visit www.kellogg.edu/youth.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.