Click here for registration forms!
Area students in sixth through eighth grades will have a chance to explore careers in law enforcement, firefighting and emergency services in Kellogg Community College’s public service camp for youth in August.
KCC’s Explore a Life of Public Service: Law Enforcement, Fire & Emergency Services camp will be held from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Aug. 8 through 11, at the Mawby Center on KCC’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek. The camp costs $79, with scholarships available for select participants; interested parties should contact KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp participants will explore careers in public safety, including the work of emergency medical technicians, firefighters and police officers. They’ll learn from professionals in each field what it’s like to:
- Rescue someone from a raging fire
- Tend to the injured in an emergency situation
- Analyze evidence from a crime scene
- Apprehend a perpetrator
- And more!
Camp participants also will experience the excitement of these careers firsthand while using the simulators used to train professionals in each field.
Explore a Life of Public Service camp registration forms are available online at www.kellogg.edu/youth. Registration can be completed:
- By mail by completing a camp registration form and mailing the form with payment to Lifelong Learning, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, MI. 49017
- By phone by calling KCC’s Lifelong Learning Department at 269-965-4134 and registering with a credit or debit card
- By fax by sending the completed form to 269-565-2129
- In person at the Lifelong Learning office in room 102 of the Ohm Information Technology Center on KCC’s North Avenue campus in Battle Creek
Space in each workshop is limited and granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bruin Youth Programming
Kellogg Community College’s Explore a Life of Public Service: Law Enforcement, Fire & Emergency Services camp is part of KCC’s new Bruin Youth Programming, an initiative of the College’s Lifelong Learning Department that is focused on connecting area youth with experiences related to athletics, education and careers. Bruin Youth Programming expands the College’s traditional offerings of sports camps and Bruin Bots robotics initiatives held throughout the year on campuses in Battle Creek, serving kids from first grade through high school. For more information, including dates and descriptions of upcoming camps and other activities, visit www.kellogg.edu/youth.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.