Kellogg Community College’s 2016 women’s volleyball season begins this month and includes nine home matches in Battle Creek.
The Bruins’ season officially opens at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25, with an away match against Mott Community College in Flint. The team’s first home match starts at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 1, against conference opponent Lake Michigan College.
Additional home matches, all of which are free and open to the public at KCC’s Miller Gym, 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, are scheduled as follows:
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8, against Lansing Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 15, against Glen Oaks Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, against Muskegon Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, against Ancilla College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, against Jackson College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, against Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, against Grand Rapids Community College
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, against Mott Community College
The team’s regular season will conclude with its final home match Oct. 27. The postseason National Junior College Athletic Association’s Region XII District Tournament will be held Nov. 4-6 in Muskegon, with the NJCAA’s National Championships held Nov. 17-18.
This year’s team will be led by second-year Head Coach Tom VanWienen, who will hit the court with an 11-person squad including four returning sophomores and seven new faces. Women’s volleyball players local to KCC’s service district include:
- Freshman Emily Delmotte, of Marshall/Marshall High School
- Freshman Breanna Eddy, of Coldwater/Coldwater High School
- Sophomore Baylee Hayes, of Battle Creek, Harper Creek High School
- Freshman Kimberly Kusler, of Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School
- Sophomore Mackenzie Leson, of Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School
- Sophomore Ashley Morris, of Battle Creek/Harper Creek High School
- Freshman Avrey Sullivan, of Homer/Homer High School
For more information about KCC’s women’s volleyball team, contact Head Coach Tom VanWienen at 269-965-3931 ext. 2535 (office), 269-317-4259 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information – including a full team roster, season schedule and statistics – is also available online at www.kellogg.edu/volleyball.
High-resolution team and individual photos of the members of KCC’s 2016 women’s volleyball team may be downloaded for use by fans and the media from KCC’s Flickr page at www.flickr.com/photos/kelloggcommunitycollege/albums/72157672537062646.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at http://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.