The recent announcement of ITT Technical Institute closures around the country has left some former ITT Tech students confused and uncertain about their educational future. Kellogg Community College is here to help such students transition their technical education studies to KCC as seamlessly as possible.
KCC’s Registrar’s office will determine the appropriate equivalencies between ITT Tech and KCC courses for each student and can help former ITT Tech students along in their transfer process. Additionally, KCC Business and Information Technology Program Director Mike Gagnon is the main contact for former ITT Tech students interested in receiving Experiential Learning Credit.
Former ITT Tech students interested in continuing or beginning their education at KCC should contact the College’s Admissions office at 269-965-4153 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gagnon may be reached at 269-565-7884 or at email@example.com.
Some Computer Engineering Technology courses offered at KCC that might be of interest to former ITT Tech students looking to continue their education at KCC include:
- CET 230: Local Area Networking 1 – Network+, which covers CompTIA Network+ certification preparation
- CET 235: Cisco Networking 1; CET 236: Cisco Networking 2; CET 275: Cisco Networking 3; and CET 276: Cisco Networking 4, which cover Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification preparation
- CET 250: Security+, which covers CompTIA Security + certification preparation
- CET 260: A+ Computer Diagnostics and Repair, which covers CompTIA A+ certification preparation
- CET 278: Fundamentals of Wireless LANs, which covers Cisco 9EO-581 certification preparation
- CET 282: Operating Systems – UNIX, which covers CompTIA Linux+ certification preparation
For more information about Information Technology programs at KCC, including Computer-Aided Drafting and Design; Computer Engineering Technology; Graphic Design; Office Information Technology and other programs, visit www.kellogg.edu/information-technology.
To apply to enroll in classes at KCC, visit www.kellogg.edu/step1. Registration for Spring 2017 classes opens Oct. 24; click here to view a list of classes offered at KCC during the Spring 2017 semester.
The Federal Student Aid office of the U.S. Department of Education has set up a Web page for former ITT students outlining how they may continue their education, retrieve their student records, and more. Former ITT Tech students may visit this page for more information at studentaid.gov/ITT.