Kellogg Community College’s Board of Trustees has designated the month of November as Military Veterans Month at KCC, and the College will recognize the service of U.S. military veterans with several events and activities throughout the month.
Veterans Month events and activities – all of which will be located on the College’s campus at 450 North Ave., Battle Creek, unless otherwise noted – include:
- The Veterans Month Creative Works Exhibit, featuring art and other creative works created by veterans from Nov. 1 through 30 in the Morris Learning Resource Center. Regular hours for the LRC are 7:45 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays; 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
- Lest We Forget Scholarship Fund collection for veteran students from Nov. 1 through 30, with donation envelopes available at the Support Services office. More information about the scholarship is available by contacting the KCC Foundation at 269-965-4161.
- Operation Gratitude Care Packages collection, which involves KCC’s 1st Battalion Support Division collecting monetary and supply donations for care packages to be sent to deployed soldiers. Donations will be accepted from Nov. 1 through 30 in the Support Services office area or at the Workforce Solutions office at KCC’s Regional Manufacturing Center, 405 Hill Brady Road, Battle Creek.
- Silver Star Food Donations collection, which involves KCC’s 1st Battalion Support Division Silver Star Committee collecting food donations to stock the food pantry shelves at the Silver Star Apartments for homeless veterans at Fort Custer. Donations will be accepted in the Support Services offices from Nov. 1 through Dec. 21.
- A Veterans Day ceremony scheduled for noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 10 in the Student Center, during which veterans will receive a free lunch at the Bruin Bistro. Lunch tickets are available from Support Services.
- A Veterans Meet and Greet, an informal gathering of military veterans attending KCC’s RMTC campus, scheduled from noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 17 at the RMTC. Lunch will be provided for student veterans.
For more information, contact Holly McKee, director of Support Services at KCC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-965-4150.
For more news about Kellogg Community College, view our latest press releases online at https://daily.kellogg.edu/category/news-releases.